Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yuG

win2k RC1 and dhcp servers

Hi, does anyone know of any problems that exist with RC1 and DHCP servers, because i currently am unable to get an ip from my isp, i'm on cable. I have to manually enter all the info. I've heard that dhcp doesn't work with non-microsft servers, true or not? Thanks.

Not true. When my DSL ****ed up, the ISP gave me a temporary dial-up that used DCHP (my DSL is static).

It worked first time under 2072. I also use DCHP when connecting to my office under 2031 and 2072 with no problems - and the back-end are supported by Digital Unix on Alpha.

I am having problems also. I have a cable modem. I was getting 0.0.0.0 for an IP. I put in the hotfixes 1-3, now I can get the correct IP but the sub-net mask is wrong. It is coming up with the same subnet mask as my second (LAN) NIC. My computer is dual boot with W98. W98 is having no probs.

Any ideas would be great!

I have cable to and had to manualy enter the IP/subnet/gateway in to the TCP/IP propertis to get Win2k on the net. Though I don't see why would it metter anyway? just take a few seconds and u don't even need a reboot.

Yah, I was just wondering if it was just me experiencing this problem, but thank lord no reboot after changing all my network stuff. Thanks for the replies.