Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ant -|- One

access violation c0000005 in Outlook Express

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I check mail, I get the error message saying Msimn.exe has generated an error and will be shut down, you should restart the program. That's what I do, and at the very moment I click on the Send/Check messages button, the box pops up and the program is shut down after a few seconds once again. I know that a process crashed (sinchronising my Hotmail acount) but I don't think is is really related because, a few months ago, I started to use EudoraPro instead of OE for the very same kind of problem. The sole difference is that I updated IE & OE to ver. 6. IE does not crash anymore (for the time being).

What could cause all this mess ? SBLive drivers are quite the latest ; I didn't installed the very last published on NTCompatible News Page, don't really think this the cause... ?

HELP please !

What version of Outlook Express are you running? I can send you the executable and see if that fixes your problem.

Maybe yours has become corrupt.

kgeissler,

I'm using OE6, and thank you for your offer but I live in France and I don't think replacing a french version with an american one can solve the problem I'm facing... to mix languages is not indicated, isn't it ?

But if you, or anyone else, could tell what services or process or dll or other programs OE involves and that might be the cause, I would greatly appreciate it !!!

No, I've not yet tried to reinstall nor repair IE6 & OE6. I had the very same problem with IE5.5 & OE5.

But I've just tried another solution I found through Google search that consists in finding multiple occurences of winsock.dll and wsock32.dll and rename any extra ones in .old, leaving just one copy in the WINNT\System32 folder. It might have done the trick... I'll post again if it happens again.

Thank you very much !