Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amon^Ra

Input Device Lag

ok guys i really need 2 know what has been done about this problem, i have heard it from many sources and need 2 fix it as its pissing me off.

both my mouse and keyboard quite requently get lagged in games. ie like strafing and moving the mouse it just halts for a sec. and the keyboard some times keeps moving when its not being pressed, this is purley a xp problem as 2k works perfect and i have heard many ppl complain about it but with no solution.

does xp manage irq differently or something? as i have noticed it seems more apparent on slower pcs

**NOTE** this is not related 2 the mouse accel in xp

What kind of mouse and keyboard are you using? Are they USB? What kind of motherboard? It could very likely be a driver issue.

i have an asus p3v4x with a logitech mouse man optical. and a microsoft natural keyboard.

i have tried with the logitech software (the xp compliant ones) without,

with the 4 in 1's (4.33's and with out)

since i have heard many ppl suffering from the same problem, im lookin straight at any changes microsoft has made 2 the way it handles irq's etc for these devices.

as i said it works perfect with windows 2000 and have tried all relevent drivers (also i have tried using a usb 2 ps2 converter 2 check the usb and it still did it)

I got MS ps2 natural keyboard/A4tech 4D ps2 mouse and DFI AD-72SN (via kt266) motherboard. I have tryed new a4tech drivers for XP, old drivers too, still no efect, just for info - once i tryed to update mouse driver back to ms standart ps2 mouse it sayed something like "Warning! This device drivers using same port as keyboard device drivers, if you continue the drivers(setings?) will be replaced." confused

ps: sorry for me poor english