Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yadfgp

Mouse Issues In Xp And Games!

Anyone else have a problem with the way the mouse feels in general as opposed to 98 or ME? I noticed there are 2 threads with this topic but none of em ended with a fix all solution. When I installed XP build 2600 I did an upgrade from ME, and when I went to play quake2 and also quake3 I noticed the wierdness of the mouse. It's like when you try and do a smooth (circle jump)turn it has like a split second delay when you start the turn, and then it'll like try and catch up with what your doing. It doesnt feel as responsive as it did in 98 and ME. It's almost kind of jerky at times. I dont know exactly how to describe it. It has to do with XP though I know for a fact and not my video card drivers or anything else. I usually use a MS intelli mouse and tried a logitech mouse and it still feels wierd! Tried installing the newer 4.01 drivers that came out within the last couple of weeks and tried messing with the settings in the drivers of the mouse itself and nothing fixes it. Something in XP's code or something screws up the way it feels. I tried some of the posts where you modify the registry and that didnt fix it. M$ just had to come along and try and fix something that didn't need to be fixed! I know some so called solution's have come up for games like Half Life but what about just fixing it period? Even just scrolling around on the desktop it doesnt feel quite right like it used to.

I have the exact same problems, i have a Logitech mouse (USB) and the problems are identical, i dont quite understand the reason for the inconsistancy in finding a solution for this problem (some successful, others not) my mouse has veery peculier acceleration in q2 / q3 etc, and the y axis appears considerably less respsonsive than the x. I seriously hope an effective universal solution is found quickly, as this is most distressing

The intellipoint 4 software that just came out last week or so has remedied the mouse for me.

unfortunately enough, i am having the same such problems, i have all the way thru, and i am continuing to have these nightmarish problems, will someone pleaaaase relieve me of this BANE, i dearly wish to move over to XP, and this is being the only thing holding me back from doing so

*shrug*