Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

Music City Morpheus Bitrate woes.....

ok, i use Morpheus to download mp3's and stuff, well for some reason i can only download bitrates as high as 128kbps while on my friend's computer i can download higher bitrates, my question to you guys is........why?

BTW, i'm running WinXP and He's running Win9x.

Same here. I thought it was just Morpheus thingy. Now I know it is not just me. Actually, when I had Win2k installed it was the same too. I don't get anything higher than 128.

Ummm, ditto. I have no idea why that's the case. But then again, I haven't really pursued it either.

well ever since Napster days i have downloaded 192kbps files because i see a good bit of better quality over 128kbps.

Kazaa and Morpheus limit the quality of mp3's available on their networks to 128kbs so that you'd be more inclined to use their upcoming pay service for those higher quality mp3's. Check the site and faqs, they say pretty clearly what I just explained.

apparently not man, i just downloaded about 35 mp3's at my friend's house, all songs were 192kbps except one.

I started using Morpheus ver 1.3 on Win2K SP2 about three months ago.

I have never been able to D/L anything higher than 128kb.

I read somewhere i think it was at CNET's user comments about Morpheus, and some dude reckons the option of higher bitrates was dropped in ver 1.3, whereas in ver. 1.2 the option was there. This dude was rather p!ssed because he couldn't get hold of ver 1.2 anymore.:(

I applied the patch which came out a few weeks ago, which updated 1.3 to 1.33, This was just some internal patch there aren't any different options added or withdrawn.

Cheers,

/EDIT

There are some disturbing comments here about Morpheus: http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-189...0.top.6525083-1 I Hope they aren't true. 8)

Another thing i have 83mp3's with a quality of 256kb, they have never ever been requested for download by any other users.

Kazza is similar right, what quality does it allow?

I know this has nothing to do with the current discussion, however i need to express some negetive critisism of Windows Update.

I was up[censored] critical updates patch at the same time as i was editing my post above, i the middle of the whole editing part, as i'm typing away... Windows update finnishes, comes up with it's "Do you want to restart your computer" popup, and apparently hitting the space-bar when a button is selected in a pop-up will cause the action of that button to occurr, thus resulting in my computer restarting in the middle of downloading other files, sending email.. & everything AAARRRGGHHHmad!!!!!!

Sorry, i just had to tell someone ;(

You've got to edit the registry a little bit.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus

(or Kazaa)

change the key LimitBitrate from decimal 1 to decimal 0

And that should do it. smile

Quote:

You've got to edit the registry a little bit.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Morpheus
(or Kazaa)

change the key LimitBitrate from decimal 1 to decimal 0

And that should do it. smile

Yep, sure does work.