Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Feral

Ok what is the c:\windows\csc directory?

You have to open up folder options and click the show system files.. and the folder will show.

my folder options are set for "show all files" and "show protected OS files".....lol, i still don't have that dir. maybe the fact that i have not yet installed build 2600 has something to do with that.

nocscfolder.jpg

Ok here it is. I have build 2600. It is a corporate release. So no Microsoft Spyware.. Could it be Hybernation? if so.. im gonna turn it off. My swapfile is on a whole nother drive.. Its on the D: drive.. another Physical drive altogether.

Ive also changed the Tmp directories in the environment variables to the d: drive (they store allot of stuff that should be where the swapfile is stored). Anymore suggestions? Some of you dont know what youre talking about.. So refrain from making comments..

"Its better to have been thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

"Some of you dont know what youre talking about.. So refrain from making comments..

'Its better to have been thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.' "

was ment for the 1st thread.. I posted.. not this one. .My bad

As far as I can tell, CSC stands for Client Side Caching, and it is something to do with offline folders. So I have found it on laptops but not on desktops so far, because we have offline folders set up only for laptops. On the laptops, the c:\windows\csc folder is over 2GB in size, causing space problems on a laptop with a "small" hard disk of 6GB. The solution might be to change the offline folder settings, I am currently investigating further.

[size:18]the "CSC" stands for Client Side Caching. It is when you enable the "Offline File" settings for a network share. Mine was 7GB, which prompted me to research it. I had enabled CSC on a large network share, cached it, then disabled the feature. Windows never purged the files. [/color]

jh