Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
moray

IRQ reallocation

Has anyone tried reallocating hardware to different IRQs under win2K to avoid sharing on IRQ9?

I have been having problems with CFS2 and the only thing left to me that I haven't done from the list of suggestions is to manually move my graphics and sound cards to different interrupts.

This is a major hassle as it seems to involve reinstalling windows due to the (ultra-smart) Microsoft ACPI and HAL automatic assigning of P&P hardware to interrupts.

Anyone got any smarter ideas?

Cheers

Mozzer

Combat Flight Simulator 2 would not be helped by the switch from ACPI to Standard Computer which can be done only through a new install.

Most problems originate from the sound and graphics drivers. Start, Run, DxDiag and check Hardware acceleration. Install DX Control Panel 8 and use it to lower all debug levels.

In Windows 2000, the ACPI BIOS takes complete control of IRQ steering and routing. Unlike the traditional PCI BIOS which doesn't handle IRQ sharing as well, the ACPI BIOS can handle several PCI devices on one IRQ with no problem. On my Asus A7V, I have six devices on one IRQ.

In otherwords, moray, ACPI is not necessarily the problem. I have had several different setups, all of which do not have problems with several items on the same IRQ.