Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Almghty

TNT2 Ultra Detonator Duds

Okay after some testing there is some sort of bug with the new XP drivers; the official ones.

It appears to me that they work fantastic with the newer cards but there is a slight issue with the TNT2 Ultra and perhaps others.

I was running a dual card setup with the Geforce2MX and TNT2 Ultra. Geforce2 MX crapped out and I was forced to use hte TNT2 Ultra.

Everything was crapped out, screen savers ..games ..Direct3d wouldn't detect, OpenGL..etc

So I thought ..a clean install was needed but nope it was still the same. Instead I went and got the official win2k 1 release back. They are working beautiful.

I was getting strange results with the official xp drivers..

For instance when I started dxdiag and conducted the direct3d test it would work ..but a second time round and it would fail.

The same evreywhere ..things would run once if I was lucky.

ITs like a register was not reset properly or something.

Anyohw ..thought you might like to know ..i spent a frustrated 4 days.

yes i have a tnt2 as well, the XP detonators don't seem so hot. I might go way back to 7.61 which I found fastest in 2k.

I've been through every series of detonator driver with my tnt2 ultra on xp and all give bsod's. The only stable driver for me is the pos that's installed with xp. I have been able to get the 21.81's to work for a short amount of time by forcing my card to 1x agp.