Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Docster

BP6 and NT 2000

I have recently tried to install Win2000 on my recently purchased BP6 motherboard, but to no avail.(using RC1 build of 2000) I get to the setup screen, and where it should start copying files, it just sits there with my hard drive flashing on for 5 seconds, then off for a few.(basicall a loop)

Anyone have any thoughts at all? Win98 and NT 4.0 installed flawlessly.

Thanks,

-Doc

Make sure you have plugged your hard drive into the ata/33 ports with the ata 33 cable.

windows 2000 doesn't support ata/66 right off the inital install, you have to install it under ata/33 then flash your bios and get a driver update in order for it to work, then you have to go and switch everything back to ata/66 for it to work

Hrmm. Well, I don't have any ata66 drives, only one IBM 10 GB ata33 drive, which is in my ide1 controller. I have nothing in my 66 controllers.

Thanks for the help, though. I haven't really heard of anyone else having this type of problem, so I may try some BIOS settings next I guess. I doubt it's my devices(which are all popular), since 2000 hasn't even searched for them yet. *sigh*

-Doc

I had exactly the same problem. After messing around for 2 days, I reverted to first principles (KISS - Keep Ot Simple, Stupid). I managed to get it to work by unplugging the network card and SB64 for the initial setup phase. After it finished copying the files and went to reboot, I turned it back on and up it came.

Hope this helps