Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spammy

No administrator login...

After upgrading from Windows 2000 SP2 to XP build 2600 I've found I cannot login under Administrator (the option simply isnt there!). I did however have a backup account (Sam) with Admin rights, so I can login under that. However, its a bit of a pain as all my documents are in the Administrator account etc. Anyone got a quick fix solution?

Sam

safe mode

Admin should never be used as a user account in order to ensure you have a working account incase you fubar you machine. XP makes sure of this.

Well,

I good way of getting rid of the XP Personalization and not letting u use an admin account, is to install it unattendedly. After install you username is Administartor and no garbage accounts are made.

This is the best way. I never liked personalization of accounts.

ARC

thanks guys, i'll give that a shot for the next format (very soon by the looks of things)

Sam

This is so funny smile

I could not log-in as Administrator as well.. untill...

DUH !!!

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and you get good old 2000 log-in box and just type the user name the old fasion way :P

Using the user name "Administrator" is a bad idea if you ever want to use file-sharing over a network because your computer will then try to access other computers using the administrator account and will then fail cos the password is wrong.

First thing I do upon installing Win2k is create my own account with administrator priviledges and then never use the Administrator account ever again.

Well,

I do not understand, why anyone would want to make a garbage account, other than the admin account. As for the password thing, you can save password for network, or you could have the same password all across the network, or romaing profiles etc...

ARC