Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Preacher

W2k <-> W98 IPX/SPX Problem

While trying to play StarCraft over network, my computers aren´t able to find each other. I´ve read somewhere, that the solution to this is disabling RAS and Routing. Where are the options to disable these settings? I´m not able to find them. Must be some sort of temporary dumbness wink

Please help.

Yep, IPX/SPX is installed on both machines, they´re both on the same frame type and so on... Everything is set as it should be, it just won´t work. (This was for the quick guys who never pay attention to what the problem is and post solutions to a completely different problem. Sorry if this offends you, if it does, ignore this section. Excuse me, but I just had one too much of these answers).

Hi, i dont have starcraft installed at the moment, but im sure that the last time i played it over the lan it was with tcp/ip, does it not allow you to do this?

Hmm ok my mistake it is IPX, but this is from the starcraft (BW) readme...

I have Windows NT. What steps should I take to make sure I have IPX configured correctly?

To make sure you have IPX configured correctly

Select "The Start Button"

Select "Settings"

Select "Control Panel"

Select "Network"

Select Protocol

Make sure the NWLink IPX/SPX Compatible Transport is loaded.

Select the NWLink IPX/SPX Compatible Transport and Select Properties, Make sure that the Frame Type is set to Ethernet 802.3.

I didnt have to do any tweaking though to get it running, simply installed IPX on both pc and it ran fine frown

Quote:

Hi, i dont have starcraft installed at the moment, but im sure that the last time i played it over the lan it was with tcp/ip, does it not allow you to do this?

It use IPX for LAN.. tcp/ip is used for battle.net

@M4Carbine

Been there, done that, won´t work. I´m considering installing this B.Net server software...

Nope, no firewall running here. Like I said in my first post, I´d like to know how to disable RAS and routing.

Right-click "My Computer", click "Manage". Go to services. You should be able to disable Routing and Remote Access there (which is what you are looking for I think)