Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
psmith1

Wicked3D Vengeance

I have browsed the hardware info and noticed that you say the Wicked3D vengeance AGP 3dfx card is working with NT4. I would like to know how people have managed this, I have installed the above mentioned graphics card and cannot get it to work with NT4 (Service pack 4). All I get is a messed up screen and the machine locks. I would appreciate any help from you on how I can resolve this.

My system spec is

SOYO 5EMA+ super socket 7 motherboard

AMD K6-2 350 MHz processor

128 Mb SDRAM memory

Wicked3D Vengeance 16 Mb AGP graphics card

Windows 98 and Windows NT4 (Service pack 4)

Card works fine under window 98 but when I configured the card under NT the system reboots but the display is messed up (multiple images of the NT logo, coloured lines and system locks up).

Prior to this card I had a Voodoo Rush based card this was fine for both O/S, but was too old to run some of the newer games.

The problem is your motherboard not the Video

card.

NT4 update AGP drivers will only work with Intel Chipset like LX or BX.

This where Windows2000 come in it will support the the odd ball chipset like you have now "aka VIA & ALi & SiS chipset"

So that means I will have to change my motherboard, is there no patches available to allow the chipset I use to work with the AGP graphics card ?

Does this also mean that any AGP card won't work ?. If I change to PCI will that sort out my problems.

It seems rather biased that I need to get a LX / BX chipset in order to use this card.

1: Only if want keep that Video, You can go for PCI Video

2: that rigth

Well you have to take into count that VIA nor ALi nor SiS never got a round to making drivers for NT4 to allow AGP Video card to work on there chipset

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited August 21, 1999).]

I have found out that the chipset is ETEQ, I am mailing SOYO to ask their advice on this, I am not happy about having to get a PCI graphics card when I have a AGP socket installed. Thanks for the help, if I have any luck I will update this message.