Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alenet

3DFX compatibility with Windows XP

frown

this is not possible..

I have a brand new VOODOO 4500 agp and I've installed windows xp.

SO...I can't use no more games...AHH?????????

what can I do to solve my GLIDE PROBLEM

PLEASE HELPPP..

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM...

Well, I guess there is a lesson here anyway, avoid hardware from dead/dying companies, you will tend to run into trouble.

No there wasn't a lesson here because most of us bought our cards when 3dfx WASN'T a "dead/dying company" - and anyway all we are trying to do is get some semblance of it working on XP as it's not a bad card and still worked perfectly under 2000. It's just a matter of time until we fix it........

There is a lesson to be learned here. Don't buy products from **** companies such as 3dFX. People that didnt know 3dFX was going under were living in a dream world, after they pulled all their products from manufacturers this was a sign the company was losing money. So i have no sympathy for people that want old hardware from a dead company to work on a new OS. So you can cry me a river all you want because i don't care.

Don't upgrade to WinXP if you want to use the card. If your games work in 2k, then use 2k, otherwise, use 98

"brand new" Suggests that he got it quite recently. If you got it long enough ago that 3dfx was still in good shape, getting a new one shouldn't be such a big deal, it's been a while.

I hope someone does manage to get some good working drivers for those cards, don't sit around too long waiting for them to do it though. Hardware gets left behind, it happens, and when it does you usually just have to replace it, like I did my Vortex 2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to keep hold of it forever, but i'm not going to give up straight away when there's good fiddling around to be done. Besides it's more fun getting it working when it shouldn't (original definition of hacking btw) so there.

Saying that it's always quite good getting new stuff.......Geforce 3 Ultra I hear you say ?