Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
isochar

Audigy XP dirvers?

From the Firingsquad.com Review:

"One of the great things about the Audigy is its support for Windows XP right out of the box. Included are drivers for users of Microsoft OSes."

Where did they find these?

I WISH I KNEW. GRRRRRR. F**KING Creative doesn't even have Audigy drivers for 9X/2000 at their site for download... pretty pathetic. I installed the 2000 drivers in XP, and they crackle and perform pretty bad. Anyone out there know where we could pick up some xp drivers for our audigy? I know creative said xp drivers would be available when xp is released, but they don't even have windows 2000 or 98 drivers for download. Sounds like good old creative trying to impress people and wanting to get them to buy more of their crap. I bought my SBLIVE and loved it, however I bought it a year and a half after it was released, with most of the drivers worked out. I have never been the first to get a Creative audio card, and the nightmares that others had with their sblives at first sound just like my audigy right now. GRRRRRRRRR

I'm using the Audigy drivers provided on the Installations CD that was provided. Everything is working extremely well with no sound problems at all.

There are no XP drivers on the CD, only Win2k. I am using them right now, but my surround speaker out doesn't work. frown

I have the creative 2500, and i think it's 5.1. Hmm. i get a bunch of pops and crackles. do u know how to fix that? i have a kt7a raid, 256 ram, winxp.

Quote:

That's very odd. I'm getting full surround out of my speakers. Are you doing 5.1 or 4 speaker setup?

I'm using a 4.1 setup. (Klipsch v2.400s) They have two 3.5mm inputs, one for front and the other for rear. I've tried swapping them on the sound card, and I get sound out of the rears instead of the front. (Which means the output for the surround isn't working)

And yes, I do have quadraphonic speakers enabled. smile

Quote:

Have you tried using Win2000 drivers ofr your card or are you just using what XP offers?

XP has no drivers included for Audigy sound cards, neither does the CD that comes with the Audigy. The only drivers available to end-users (that I'm aware of) are the Win2k ones on the bundled Audigy CD.

Man people really need to do their homework before they buy creative's crap products. Everyone ive talked to using a VIA/686(B) chipset with a creative card has had nothing but problems, you would think with this new card...well its not new I forgot its just another SB Live! with some new crap added so people will buy it. Just stay away from creative and get a Santa Cruz or something that performs better than creative's crap. Turtle Beach already has working XP WDM drivers for the SC, and Creative probably won't release XP drivers until 4 years after XPs store release.

The new Audigy has very few problems with any hardware configuration. Now if only they gave us the proper drivers we'd be set. smile (Which this card blows away every other mainstream sound card I've heard)

Could anyone with an Audigy & Winamp see if they are able to play through DirectSound? (Using the Win2k drivers, of course)

I've been using the MAD plugin for a while... although I do have one question for you, shouldn't I be able to enable/use 24bit resolution with an Audigy?

Thats what I thought to but I tried it and it still didn't work. I guess that would be a question for the guy who wrote the MAD plugin or creative. Betting that creative wouldn't have a clue, or just brush you off this is probably better left to the author of MAD.

CL's webpage has a signup so you'll get notified about the driver release. They state that they'll be out by mid-oct. With XP being the replacement for the 9x line, I'm pretty sure they'll be out on time.

Cryptix

Quote:

CL's webpage has a signup so you'll get notified about the driver release. They state that they'll be out by mid-oct. With XP being the replacement for the 9x line, I'm pretty sure they'll be out on time.

Cryptix

Thats nice and all but kinda irrelivent as the drivers on the cd work flawless. SO either way I don't care too much, we shall see when the time comes if they are the same or an update.

The drivers on the CD work fine some of you say but which drivers exactly are you guys referring to?! The win2k ones or the 98 ones?! I'm assuming the win2k ones because of the fact that I used to be on 98 and did an upgrade to XP and voila no more sound! So it must be win 2k's. Is it?!

I used the Win 2000 drivers in XP, and it "worked" but not satisfactory. the sound crackles all teh time. damn creative. they said xp drivers will be out in october, but they didn't even list win2000 drivers on their site YET!

The reason why the Audigy doesn't work in 24 bit mode with the MAD plugin is simple. The audigy only works at 24 bit on the EXTERNAL DACs, all calculations are still done at 16 bit internally.

Only the DACs are at 24bits... pretty much a cop out with the way creative is crapping on about '24bit' resolution especially when the audigy doesn't even do 24 bit!

To recap only the DACs on the audigy are 24bit NOT the audigy chip itselft. All calculations are performed at 16 bit, hence the mad plugin won't work...

Get a Delta DIO or something if you want true 24bit precision laugh

This is in regards to the post suggesting that the DeltaDiO does 24/96 under win2k /WinXP. WHile the Delta series cards are true 24/96, this functionality is generally unavaliable under 2k/XP except for specific programs.

From the M-Audio website:

Windows 2000 WDM Candidate Drivers

For Delta Series-Delta 1010, Delta 66, Delta 44, Delta DiO, and Audiophile 2496. You will be limited to 16 bit stereo input or output with non ASIO based applications.

getting a good 24/96 card that works well under the WDM model is proving to be pretty difficult :-(

For the money, the audigy is still likely the way to go.