Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GiverOfLag

Sidwinder Gamepad

Is there anyway to get the Microsoft Sidwinder Gamepad gameport version to work under Win2K? I know that the USB ver is on the 2072 HCL.

I have the sidewinder freestyle pro usb and W2K recognizes it and all the features test out in test but there is no response from it in games. The sidewinder usb precision pro joystick works fine. This is in build 2072.

One difference is that in device manager the precision pro name is listed. The freestyle gamepad is listed as an unknown device, but when I look at the drivers it lists the freestyle pro usb as the driver and in the testing properties it tests correctly.

The usb sidewinder freestyle shows up in the Star Wars Racer control picks and does work.

I see the sidewinder joypad in drivers, but i can't get that or the forcefeed back sidewider to work. I think my problem is the SB LIVE! anyone get any joystick to work with LIVE!?

<from the hardware section:>

There is native SB Live! support on Windows 2000 release candidate 1 (Build 2072). To enable the Joystick port in RC1 do this

(Special thanks go to Anthony Toste for this tip):

Look for this in c:\winnt\inf\wdma10k1.inf

;;Gameport

;%*PCIJOY.DeviceDesc%=PCI8010J_Device,PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7002&SUBSYS_00201102

;%*MSJSTICK.DeviceDesc%=CTL7010_Device,*CTL7001

and change it to this

;; Gameport

%*PCIJOY.DeviceDesc%=PCI8010J_Device,PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7002&SUBSYS_00201102

%*MSJSTICK.DeviceDesc%=CTL7010_Device,*CTL7001

<remove the leading semicolons>