Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Annoying IE Windows Size Problem

Hi Guys,

I have very annoying problem in Windows XP with IE

The main IE windows open up maximized as I have set the shorctu properties to maximize.

Now, when I right click a link to open in new window, the new windows opens up small.

How can it open it maximized?

ARC

Well when i ran that -k command, full screen of ie opened with Page not found error.

There was no ok or other stuff.. Pressed Alt+F4. (Back to desktop)

nothing changed..

ARC

Hi Alec,

I think I wasn't able to explain, what I wanted.

Ok I want all these stuff, Titlebar,menubar, standard button,addressbar.

By Maximized I mean, all these features in max screen, non dragablle /resizable. Like normal max.

Now, My main IE windows opens max like that. But when I right click a link and tell it to open in new window. The window opens but only takes about 2/3 space of a max window. It has everything toolbar and buttons that a standard max window has.

The only thing, I wanted is that this child window opens maximized, rather than 2/3 of the max window.

ARC

open IE make thatr window the size you want (full..or what ever) click and hold ctrl key in your keyboard and without releasing it close IE. The next time you open it and all "child" pages will open with this size. Try it and let me now...

Hello,

From what I have read, what Miku wants is not possible. As I understand it, Miku wants spawned IE windows (using CTRL+N for example) to open as maximized and not as a restored window.

I too would like all spawned child IE windows to open as maximized (not full screen) but read somewhere that MS removed the ability sometime ago. The best one can do is to spawn an IE window and drag that window to the size of maximized and close it using the above method. It won't be truly maximized but will be the same size as maximized.

Let me know if that helps.

DT