Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Preacher

Strange Problem With The Paging File In W2k

Hey folks,

I´m having a problem with my paging file. I´ve set it´s size to 2GB, if I check the file itself, it actually IS 2GB. Now, if I run DXDIAG it says I have a paging file of 2.5GB in size. Diablo 2 ("fps" command) shows the same amount: 2.5GB.

I´ve searched the forum and found other threads with the same problem, but all solutions were to not look further into this frown. However, I´m not satisfied with that. I have set up the swapfile on another harddisk of my machine. If W2k decides to keep a pagefile of 0.5GB in size on my boot partition, the performance increase setting up the pagefile on another drive will be cancelled.

I need to find this 0.5GB swapfile and disable it. Please help me.

are you sure its telling you that the page file is 2.5GB? i think what dxdiag is saying is that you have 2.5GB of memory (real+virtual) available, not that your page file is 2.5GB (and as you said, the file itself is 2GB).

you might want to double check your Virtual Memory settings under System Properties to make sure there is only one page file.

This is starting like the other threads: User has problem with own eyes wink

Yes, I am sure it´s telling me the size of the paging file is 2.5GB. DXDIAG lists both memory and the paging file as two separate items. I did double check the settings and they are still at 2GB.

It may be reporting total available virtual memory i.e. inc physical