Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

Unreal 2 Alpha

The game refuses to start. I tried using the command line -safe to enter in safe mode but it still won't run. Tried changing from Direct3D to Software Rendering still no go. I'm using WindowsXP 2600 Corporate.

I have a TNT2

Dual 1ghz

512mb ram

SBLive!

ASUS CUV4X-D mobo.

hmmm

I THINK you need a chip that does transform and lighting.

All the geforces.. but unfortunatly not the tnts..

I saw somewhere that Unreal 2 was only going to be working on T/L chips.

A tnt2 friend of mine can 't get it to work either..

If someone can maybe comfirm this..

good luck. smile

dont bother with the alpha version, the one i d\l loaded fine, but i started in a CUBE i couldnt get out, and going through files i found out its a heavily modified Unreal Tournament

wait for demo or final

If you want to play Unreal 2 goto the maps directory and open up a mpa with the Unreal.exe file. Then you can play on the different maps.

Quote:

dont bother with the alpha version, the one i d\l loaded fine, but i started in a CUBE i couldnt get out, and going through files i found out its a heavily modified Unreal Tournament

wait for demo or final

Wrong, you can play any level you want. You have to edit your unreal config, or double click on the map you want, and select unreal.exe to open it with.

You're also wrong about the engine, its a brand new engine, not UT modified at all.

It runs fine on my TB+G3.

Quote:

You're also wrong about the engine, its a brand new engine, not UT modified at all.

Sorry but you're wrong, the game engine is based on unreal technology which is the same tech that powered unreal. They do not regard each new game as a new engine but a evolution from the previous one. They build on what they have and add/fix/remove/refine stuff to it.

To put it simply, The Unreal 2 engine is a workover of the Unrealtournament engine, which is a workover of the unreal engine.

Why write routines and proceedures over again when you have very solid basis already?

Quote:
Originally posted by NTGAMEMAN

unreal 2 should work with tnt2

No, it requires at least a gf2 level card (not sure about gf1) and besides it's an alpha test, who cares if it doesn't work, there is no "game" to play in it, you look at some maps, wow.

if you want some screenshots http://astroman.dhs.org/UT2

These are from my box with a gf2 pro and a tbird 1.4 in winxp

I know what they do, and to me thats a new engine. 5 years from now, when they are on Unreal 4, you think thats really the same engine as the first Unreal? No.

They might call it a heavily modified engine, but if 90% of is new, its hardly the same.

HMmmm

It does work on my box with a Geforce 1.

Slow but it works..

Check your unreal.ini file to change rez and so on..

As for the engine, all that I saw (I know it' s an alpha..) is exactly the same as unreal.. nothing new...

Graphics.

The graphics crack me up man. I mean, look how they pay attention to all the details on the maps, but then look at the players hand that holds the weapon. I mean, you're looking at this every moment in the game...who the hell has square fingers anymore??? C'mon. lol @ fingers.:D

You can't. Apparently, it wasn't supposed to get out. So techically, this goes under the w4ar3z category...

I'm waiting for this one, but I'd like mine optimized first.

Unreal was a good game. I should play it again sometime, when I have the time. ;(