Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Feral

Monster Sound

Are there any Drivers available for the Diamond Monster Sound sound cards?? Beta or pre-release? I would love to have these.

so would i, but there aren't any *native* drivers for the mx300 under win2k. It's rumored that build 2080+ has some native support but I haven't had time to hack MS smile [There's always tomorrow!] Until then, just use the reference drivers from a3d.com - it will at least give you some sound.

I emailed Diamond yesterday, but in regard to the ORIGIANAL Monster Sound with the Vortex 1 -- if I hear anything I tell ya all. No luck using the Win9x drivers, won't even detect the presence of the driver files. Ah well...hopefully it'll happen or I'll just have to go buy an MX300 finally! Damn, wouldn't that suck!

Oh...I also tried the Vortex 1 reference drivers for NT, still no luck. Come on Diamond, get those slackers coding!

This is the company that still hasn't gotten out of 1.02beta for their MX300 drivers, updated ages ago. Don't hold your breath...

Ok, so I have Win2k (build 2072), and an Mx300, what drivers WILL work ? And where do I get them? Any sound is better then none right now... Thanks.

Origianal Monster Sound, M80, MX200 do not have a Vortex chip set, they use a chipset call Freedom

Sonic Impact S70 useing ESS Maestro-2

Sonic Impact S90 useing Vortex 1

Monster Sound MX300 useing Vortex 2

I would not count on any drivers from Diamond

on that odd ball chip set

To DRACO:

It doesn't work right now. There is some trix described that could fix sound on the MX300, but I tried them on RC1, and none worked. One trick involved disabling ACPI by editing the install script, and completely re-installing. Did that, but it didn't work =(

So I switched to a cheap SB16, and am now waiting inpatiently for MS/Vortex to release the drivers.

Links:

http://www.a3d.com/cgi-bin/pub/display.pl?template=a3dqanda_a3d_list.htm

Check Juli 12 and 14

http://www.betanews.com/article.php3?sid=story371c1254e43de

[This message has been edited by Per Eklund (edited July 21, 1999).]

i don't get it...

I'm running b3 with the nt4 vortex2 drivers from aureal on an mx300.

no problem. well..actually i only get sound outta my front speakers, but other than that, it's peachy.

I didn't get it right in my previous post, but it seems that some get it to work, while others don't. Perhaps motherboard/bios and/or changes in RC1.

I run RC1 as well... and I can't install the diamond MX300 drivers. Blue Screen when I try to click the Aureal "Ok" button after the files get done copying

I'm d/l'ing the a3d reference drivers right now, don't forsee that working either, but we'll see. =]

It looks as though RC1 is just NT4 driver unfriendly.

With the DDK released for w2k there is NO reason drivers shouldn't start appearing in "beta" form or "no support from us" form.

But alas... even after w2k's release we'll still be waiting for drivers. I feel like I should write my congresswoman... but that probably wouldn't do any good.... would it? =]

Using his 5yr sb16 mcd for sound,

ECC

*shudder*

DIAMOND SUCKS!!

I'll never buy anything from diamond again.

They never update there drivers quick enough.

The Diamond Monster sound with A3D 1.0 card's never had NT drivers. And it doesn't look like they are ever gonna update the Mx 300 anytime soon so we'll have to stick with the reference drivers from A3D.

They only now have come out with the Mx25 add on and will never come out with the Mx50.

Why don't we just buy reference designs from soem no name card maker instead of from diamond?