Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Detonator 4 and Refresh Rates??

Anyone know how to get better refresh rates with Det 4's?? Nvrefresh doesnt work anymore. I tried using manually registry entries but they didnt seem to work either frown

I know it sucks, I went to try my refresh rate fix that I've been using forever. I haven't fired up any 3d games yet, but I know what is waiting for me.. =(

Hi Guys,

It is very strange. I figured it out though.

You cannot change the refresh rate after installation of drivers.

What you have to do extract the .exe using winzip to a folder.

Open nv4xxx.inf

Go to NVxxx for your card.

Delete the refresh rate you do not want, for example.

'640 480 60 70 75 85 100 0' = '640 480 85 100 0'

if you want a refresh rate of 85.

After editing the file save it.

and then manually install it using Device Manager.

ARC

In case you didnt read which it looks like you didnt, nvrefresh doesnt work anymore. Also the program won't ever work because its not being updated or supported anymore. Thx for the inf hack trick i will have to try it.

Yeah I had the same prob. I did some searching on the forum and came up with this site: http://www.speedy3d.com/articles/nvidia_rrfix/index.shtml .

However, with the new det drivers just changing what it says in that article didn't fix the refresh rates for me. What I did was searched out all instances of the nv14, etc. entries (there were about 5 or 6 of them) in my registry, and edited every one. Not the most elegant way to do things, but it worked.:0

This notice was published yesterday (Sep, 15th) on Nvnews.net:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Refresh Rate Fix - 9/15/2001 7:33 pm - By: HalcYoN - Source: ztn

ztn has updated the NVidia Windows 2000/XP Refresh Rate Fix. You can download directly by clicking here.

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?ztn/nvreffix-setup.exe

I've done the unthinkable: I've released the NVidia Windows 2000/XP Refresh Rate Fix with Windows XP support. So stop bugging me already, willya? wink Here's a word or caution: the driver detection engine has been rewritten, which means there might be bugs, and it might not work with your setup. If, by any chance, it indeed doesn't do what it supposed to do, read the FAQ/Troubleshooting first before mailing me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't download it, because the link on fileplante appears don't work, but ztn has updated his utility to work under XP

Best reggards.

I can't download it,

You could have used the "old" nvidia refresh rate fix if you ran it in W2K compatibility mode...it worked for me.