Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

IE 6.0 Sucks???

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

How many people out there think that IE 6 is the most worthless browser microsoft has put out? I think that it is the slowest thing that I have ever used. I hate it!!! I have DSL and pages open up like in using dial-up. Opera is now my browser of choise.

I have never had any issues with it. It's faster than 4.x and 5.x, and more stable. I haven't had any problems with the IE line since since IE4 SP1 actually, but the performance has been getting much faster over the last few years.

I never had any problems with IE 5. I liked it personally but now that I am using XP I hate IE!!! It is very slow, and its not my connection. Others in my network are using Opera and they say that it burns like a bat out of hell.

Am i missing something here? If it is suposedly faster why then is mine running so slow? Does anyone running it under XP think that it is fast also? Do I have to enable fast speed or something? (That was a joke)

No issues with IE6 ...

I am using 3Mbps line.

IE6 is faster on my machine than IE5.5 was.

Regards

D.

I'd say its about the same as 4, 5, and 5.5, haven't found anything to be excited about in it, nor anything to be deeply disappointed about. I doesn't crash on me so I see no reason to go back to an older version. In short, its a maintenance release the marketing dept. tries to present as new.

MY IE under Xp seems just fine. Runs fast and doesn't crush. i love it smile

I've had no probs with IE5 or 6 and I much prefer 6 as if you dont install Java Virtual Machine then most adverts go away. No problems with speed and I'm only running an Athlon 500

Try a clean install or something. Then only put on apps that you need.

i hate it. it brings almost no new features compared to IE5.5. Also, is there a way to customize cookie settings for each zone like you can in IE5x? Restricted sites zone is excellent for popup ridden domains but you have to allow it to use cookies because it will break a few sites otherwise.

Seems to be a bit faster + more stable than 5.5; helped no doubt by my 4.0MBPs Download/1MBPs Upload connection.