Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FatFish

World Trade Center is gone

Big News... I can't believe that the buildings are gone. I was there couple months ago.

Anyway, i hope the US people are okay.

I have to withold my initial anger and pray for thier families. I would also ask people to pray for all the people worldwide to find a way to get through this without more tradegy.

CONFIRMED:

It appears that both of the World Trade Center towers have been struck by aircraft, and have collapsed to some degree (on CNN, it was stated that one of the towers may have lost up to 50 levels, which seems rather high considering they are both 110-story buildings), and the Pentagon was attacked by another aircraft that struck the ground first, then hit the building.

NOT ENTIRELY CONFIRMED:

Also, another aircraft that left Boston for San Fransico *might* have been on its way to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but in fact came down prematurely. However, this is just assembled from scattered reports.

I have friends that live in Boston, but went to NY over the weekend and *might* have stayed during this week as well. I haven't heard from them. I am just hoping that people will get the hell out of the way in the respective districts, and let the professionals do their jobs.

My condolences to all who have been affected by this.

The peace of the Lord be always with you.

Living on a base in Korea I can confirm this.

We are at THreatcom Charlie, which is next to highest.

IF we hit Delta here, that means we are at war. I pray it doesn't come to this. But if it was indeed Bin Laden, then we will attack Afganistan, with everything we have. Most of the soldiers are upset, especially those from the Area in NY that was hit

I'm so stunned over all this. Sure I live in the Midwest, but it's chilling to have two of our major cities attacked, especially considering one is the capital.

My sincere condolences go out to the families and friends of those who lost their lives today.

Yep, We're in Delta. Bush's little speech was exactly inspiring but he did say we would "respond".

MMMMM, torture. Yes torture sounds very nice for those involved. smile

frown

My condoleances to the American people.

I am very sad tonight.

My friends, be assured that we never forget what America has done for our freedom.

I cannot find the words...

God bless America.

Here in Korea I barely made int on base, cause they have shut down all traffic. No one allowed on base thats non essential

This was posted at overclockers.com...but I agree with it. Just look at our track record.

"If I know my country, America will say, "Now it's personal." And if there is any human force greater than the ingenious will of a United States united in wrath, the world doesn't want to know about it. "

One thing I would like to say is that I appreciate the level of professionalism that this board has demonstrated. Many boards are currently besieged with inappropriate posts blaming an entire nation, race, or religion for what happened. I am concerned that there will be retaliation against people that may be of the same race/religious belief as whomever caused all this destruction. I would ask that this level of professionalism continues, as I know many here like myself appreciate it. Thank you.

James

a.k.a. "clutch"

<rant>

i watched LIVE as the second passenger plane hit the second tower in New York, it was almost as if I was watching a movie, i could not believe that it actually happened, i realized it was real when i saw the NYPD and FBI yelling and telling people to get back, the Networks didn't even censor out the profanity not even with an interview with a bystander who witnessed the towers' collapse, for some odd reason that small scene on television gave me a reality check and made me realize that it DID happen, and thousands of innocent people DID die. My condolances to anyone who had friends or loved ones who died or are missing in the attack. This was an act of war, plain and simple. Retaliation may or may not be the thing to do, but if the proper actions are not taken then it will happen again and again and again. This attack hurts America in many ways, including, emotionally and financially. Its scary to know that something like this COULD happen, but when it does....its absolutly horrifying. I live about 90miles from Washinton DC, sure it scares me, it doesn't so much as p1ss me off, it makes me ask the question: "Why hurt innocent and unarmed people?", the people behind this are cowards, this attack was well planned but be warned, I think i speak for all American people when i say "You won't get away with it, at least not alive".

</rant>

I very much agree with that clutch. As much as it would be nice to bring to justice those responsible, no one needs added violence right now.

For those of you that can, donations are being taken through Pay Pal [http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/relief-outside]. I emptied what was left in my PP account, and I'm trying to psyke myself up to give blood tomorrow [severe fear of needles notwithstanding]. I'd encourage everyone to do thet same, if at all possible.

-brianZjones

Yeah, I am trying to get myself prepped to do it as well. I was really ill for a while when I was young (brocho-spasm, constant coughing and you can't breathe) and they stuck me will all kinds of needles. Unfortunately, I got to be the test bed for new nurses at times and I have not had a strong desire to endure it again. But I think this may be necessary.

smile

It's pretty hard cause I work for the Army here in Korea and my wife is a soldier. Its hard to hold back anger, but I dont wanna add to the fire. I do hope when we find who is responsible, that we will act accordingly

The most important thing in a crisis like this is to not sink to their level. Search for justice instead of revenge. Realize that showing scornful vengance is exactly how they want you to respond, they want to sink you to their level. They want you to hate them, their family, their ethnicity, their nationality, their everything. Once you get to that point you allow yourself to become a monster completely controlled by vengance, and you are no better than the terrorist.

this "Asymetrical Warfare" is cowardous, war must be properly declared and both/all parties must realize that there are rules to war. I hated President Bush before all of this, but now (even though i'm a die-hard democrat) i have faith that he will be able to deal with this matter, we SHOULD not take action until the facts are known. think about it, there has to be people working with the terrorists on the inside, this attack was so well planned that i find it hard to believe that some machine-gun carrying moron(s) could carry out such a task, no citizen of the US (talking about the pilots) would fly a 747/757/767 jet into a building just because his/her life is at risk, i know if i was the pilot i would do everything in my power to stop it and i'm sure the pilots of those passenger jets tried their hardest. These terrorists knew how to fly a plane, how did they get in the country? how did they get on the plane? why didn't the passengers try to stop them? The reports say that they were carrying knives.......This is turning out to be a mystery and it will be very interesting, if not scary, to see everything unfold.

and yes, please donate blood, i have a universal O- type and find it sad that the Red Cross will not let me give 2 pints instead of just one, the way i see it, if i pass out or get sick, its a small price to pay for saving someone else's life.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/give/