Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

What EMAIL program do you use?

Outlook XP

Outlook 2000

Eudora

Using WIN XP, curious what everyone likes and why? (BTW-used them both, but can decide what one i want to use as my default).

I use OutlookXP at home, and Outlook 2000 at work. I love the app, and I use Exchange server at both locations along with some CDO-based apps that work within Outlook (both versions).

What i disliked with outlook 2000 and xp, is the inabliity to back up your emails/mailbox/address book =<

Do what? I back them up all the time. And if the program were to fail, you can grab the PST file that it was using and import it into another Outlook installation. Also, if you archive your mail, you can simply open the PST file in Outlook and search for anything you like, without the need to import all the data back into your profile. You can also export your contact info (address book) to several formats, including CSV (comma de-limited, and viewable in Excel and notepad) and PST.

I looked on Microsoft's web site and can't find that plugin anywhere. Would you happen to have a link?

Hello there.

I use OutlookXP, but it's Rules (Mailing Rules or something) has many bugs... For example since I have multiple accounts I tried to set to move all mail from choosen account to a diferent Mail Folder, but it works fine until I close Outlook. When I open it again and check Rules, the account I set to be moved to different folder is reseted to the account i created fistly...

Hehe, does anyone understand me? smile

Is there any patch or something?

In Outlook Express it worked fine...

Thanks,

-Andrej

i have a problem with outlook XP too..

i received Junk Email constantly..

and i have turned on the rule that it will send the email to Junk email folder if the sender's email address is in JunkEmailSender list.

However, Outlook will copy the message to the Junk email folder instead of moving them... so i will end up one junk email in my InBox and a same junk email in my Junk email folder...

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

No problem

Simply copy the existing Junk Email Rule and amend it, so that the last line will read: and stop processing more rules

Make sure that you disable the original junk email rule and then make the new junk email rule the first rule to be applied.

Sweevo

thanks... dang, i'm so dumb.

And now i need to wait for junkemails to arrive to test the new rulz.

I downloaded that outlook backup program, and i get some error 1/2 through install regarding outlook.dll file.

Odd