Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gravity

Ultima Online: Third Dawn

Okay, well on your site, it has the following..

Ultima Online: Third Dawn (Origin Systems) Yes W2000 04/01

UO:3D is not a great package, it has faults, but works as well as the game possibly can under Win2k

That means that there is a win2k patch so i can play UO yeS? could someone please assist me in telling me where i might be able to find such a patch?

thankyou...

Gravity

Hello,

I recognise that wording of that particular entry because it's mine.

UO:3D works out of the box under Win2k.

That is, install the CD, log into UO:3D and allow all the client patches to download and install automatically.

There are no specific Win2k patches for UO:3D, it just works.

As a side note it also works out of the box under WinXP too.

I still don't really like UO:3D, the graphics are rather bland and look a bit old.

If you are having general problems even getting it to run under Win2k, then there must be problems elsewhere.

Are you by chance using a VooDoo chipset graphics card?

There are many reports of UO:3D not working correctly with these cards.

If all else fails, post a message at:

http://boards.uo.com

Although the moderators wont post onto your thread (Win2k not being supported by EA/OSI) there are plenty of people there who might be able to help.

Don't forget to give them your system specs and the specific problem you are having too.

"there is a problem communicating with origin. please restart ultima online and try again."

it says that all the time.. even after retstarting.. re-intalling/patching....

eek frown

Okaaayyy, that's a bit of a major problem then smile

Hummm, I can't say I've had that problem except when:

1. The servers are down, the UO patch server has a nasty habit of going down at the worst possible moments.

2. Local ISP, my ISP had some routing problems about 3 months back and I simply couldn't connect to anything at OSI/EA.

I'd still be tempted to go and post over at the UO forums, somebody else may have seen that error.

Thats after all the patching, when im in the game.. i login then it comes up with that.. after it's verified and styuff... i have to run. cya later

Yes, they would lie.

Trust me on this one.

As somebody who has been playing the original UO for 3 years and as somebody who was beta testing UO:3D.

There are NO specific Win2k/XP patches for any version of UO.

You log into the patch server, your client is upgraded to the latest version automatically and that is it.

No further patches or utilities to download.

Sometimes you can log into UO with a slightly old version of the client, but at the moment UO is going through some quite major patching due to the vet rewards fiasco, so if for any reason your client was reporting as being the latest version this would give you a similar error to you are getting.

Only suggestion is uninstall UO & UO:3D, go into the registry and remove all the entries that the uninstaller leaves behind (there are bound to be some) and then clean install.

Okay, well... at the start of the setup ()was just looking).. it said that UO doesnt support WinNT/2K.... so does that mean none of the patches will...? Probably not... im just trying to think of all options...

I really want to get back into UO, so Im thinking I might partition my 20gb just so i can put 98 on and play uo.... (desperate times call for desperate messures smile... byut yeah...

the patched would fix that all up.?

i'll reinstall uo now...

catchas

i been running the third dawn - i use UO:R though cause u cant stand that 3d crap

Bladeruner is right - even though the UO install program says it doesn't support win2k, it doesn't mean that it doesnt work. There are NO win2k specific patches for any version of ultima online, and in my humble opinion, there arent any needed either - both the 2d client and the 3d client run MUCH better under win2k than they did under windows 98/Me for me.

As for that error message - either the UO servers are being flaky, your ISP is having problems, OR you are using the wrong login information. I often get that error message if I accidently type in the wrong password when logging in. So it might be a good idea to go to www.uo.com and check your account details.

Quote:

http://sector9.qgl.org/uo.jpg

this is the pic that comes up...

cyas

Ah, now i see where your problem could be - you are trying to play on a player run free shard, yes?

In that case you will actually have to patch DOWN to get the game running. Shard emulators only support a limited number of client versions and never the latest UO patches, so you will have to go to the shards website and download the client version they support and run it instead of the uo.exe
Also are you sure that the shard you are playing on actually supports uo3d?
Many of the player run shards dont support the 3d client at this time as most people just use the 2d client.