Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donald

Hardware Question

Sorry not sure where to put this so appologies if its in the wrong forum.

I currently have a voodoo 3 3500 and plan on getting the Gold version of XP ASAP (currently have RC1) I know the V3 isn't supported so I will need a new card, however money is tight.

I was thinking of getting this card: Creative GeForce 2 PRO but wanted some advice if it was worth it, I play alot of FPS games with the occasional flight sim.

Thanks.

Yes it totally worth it smile i love the PRO, its excellent performance and value for money.

I Have exactly that video card and I have been very happy with it. You will find drivers for XP right now!!!

Thanks

I went ahead and bought it, just installed the Win2K drivers in XP and it works beutiflly smile

Now if only i could get the quicktweak application to launch on start-up I will be happy smile

NVidia has a new driver for that card (version 21.81), you can get it here http://www.nvidia.com/us/ie/pg000010.htm

Once installed you can activate the quicktweak icon in the taskbar going to display properties (right click ot the desktopand chose properties) > settings > advanced > GForce2GTS > additional properties > desktop utilities. Have fun!!! smile

yeah got that smile

You still cant have the quicktweak icon automatically started when you boot up frown