Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red

Creative Drivers!!!!???

Ok guys, ive posted this before but no reply, anyway,

I have a creatie pc dvd encore 1240e with the dxr3 board. Ever since i started using win 2k, i had a probelm in that, even with the latest beta win 2k drivers, i cant put my system into suspend/standby (this is quite important on my system).

Anyway, i thought that windows xp would be more compatible with it, but, what a surprise, it isnt i get the same problem.

Does anyone know if creative will be writng some win xp drivers for this as i cant watch my dvds at the moment!!!

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried playing DVDs without the DXR3 card plugged in (using WinDVD or other player). Obviously you won't get hardware acceleration of your DVD playback, but provided you have a reasonable spec. machine you may hardly notice it.

thanks for the suggestion, but i need the dxr3 cos i need a tv out.

any graphics card tv out that i have used in the past dont sem to give me as high a wuality as the dxr3

Well in that case your only answer is to fire off an e-mail asking/demanding when they'll be releasing working drivers for WinXP. Probably in a year by their previous track record. frown

May also try and get in contact with Sigma designs. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the dxr3 is the Hollywood Magic decoder card by sigma just sold to creative. Even if they put out XP drivers, creative hasn't instilled a lot of confidence to make people believe that you would see it in a timely manner. That's if, and a big one too, they are produced in the first place.

LOL, they probably will,

Anyway, thanks for you help guys