Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Netslayer2k1

Problems copying files from WinXP CD when installing...(Some

I'm using WinXP RC2, when i try installing it, (put the cd in, boot from it, delete partition, format new one in NTFS) then it tries copying files for windows setup. It ketches most of them, but it will ussually stop every few seconds and either telling me the file image is bad or it cannot copy from the cd, now ive changed cdroms, burned new cds, and tweaked with the bios. What can be causing this? I think it might be some settings in the bios, because i have successfully installed xp from the cd already before...

The System:

AMD Athalon 900

SOYO board, 300w power supply

256mg PC133 SDRAM generic

52x cdrom, 20gig 7200rpm ata100 drive

Is your processor overclocked? Last night I was trying to install XP on an old overclocked system of mine, and I kept getting errors while copying files. I tried many different things, but what finally worked was putting the processor back to it's default speed. Looks like I have to upgrade that PC now.

i figured it out, it was the system was too unstable running the generic memory i have for it at pc133, so i put in some pc100 installed windows, then, i actually went out and exchanged the value sdram with some premium stuff for a few bucks more, and put that in. Works good now, not to sure if windows setup will do that again, no need to check it out however,