Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ironman666

3dfx drivers for winxp

hi everyone. madden 2002 crashed in winxp. it said the problem was the video card driver. i need to know if there are any good (and STABLE) voodoo3 3000 drivers for winxp. if there are then a link pointing to them would be greatly appreciated. if you need to know my system specs then here you go:

Duron 650mhz

640megs of RAM pc133

15GB Hard Disk

Voodoo3 3000 AGP

AC '97 sound (built-in of course)

Hehe. Unfortunately, 3dfx is dead, in case you didn't know. I'm not sure you will find any. You may want to search for a thread here tho. I'm pretty sure I saw a thread recently about it.

My advice is to get yourself a GeForce 2 MX, MX400, or even a GeForce 2 Pro ($150 with shipping at Newegg.com). Unless some third party does put out XP drivers, you might as well leave your voodoo for a backup card.

This is not MS or Nvidia's fault, it's 3dfx's. Blame them.

oh yeah, i know that 3dfx doesn't exist anymore and how nvidia isn't make drivers for winxp (well for the voodoo series). but i was actually sort of relying on 3rd party or "hacked" drivers. i did find a hacked driver but the game froze up again. it seems as though Madden 2002 requires a beefy video card, no matter. oh well.

yes i did, that's what prompted me to write my original post! just to let you all know, the gameplay is fine. the crashes after a play is over, when the game zooms into players. the actual gameplay is fine, its those dumb cutscenes that come up after a play is over which seems to cause the crash. if there is a way to disable that (couldn't find them in the game options) then that'd be great. i can live w/o the cutscenes.