Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheAWESOMEOne

IPX gaming?

I wanna play via ipx protocol (Red Alert 2) and installed the IPX protocol then the option to play a network game was enabled but I was not able to find someone's game and others in the lan weren't too.

also I wanted to play sum older dos games but they all need those dos ipx drivers...right? ...is there a possibility to get sumthing like that for win2k?

Thanks a lot

cya

If you are running windows 95/98/whatever, just make sure each machine has IPX instaled. Some hubs (like that Linksys BEFSRxxx DSL/cable modem +switch) DO NOT support IPX, so make sure your hubs and switches are cool....

to brian frank: the computers I am talking about are all in my room and have all ipx installed

and to dasshutzenfest:

"If you are running windows 95/98/whatever" ....you read the section we are in?

-= Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 > Networking > ... =-

and my computers are connected via bnc cables

Dude, I asked what hubs and/or switches you are using. Find them, find out if they can run IPX, if so- find out if they are running IPX.

His computers are connected via BNC cables so quite likely he doesn't have a hub/switch at all.

BNC, wow its been a long while since ive even seen a NIC that supports BNC.. back in the day, they used to come as combos. Dude, buy some nics and a swtich. You can get those starter kits for sub 100 I think.

jeff