Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swat0r

voodoo2 problems please help!

Hi, for some reason my voodoo2 will not work under windows2000. I've tried the drivers on this page as well as the beta 1.02's on 3dfx webpage. According to windows2000 the card is installed properly, it is under device manager with no problems. But the problem is when i boot up i get this error:

_GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo^2, none detected

Even though the card is apparantly installed properly, glide and openGL do not work. The games will not detect glide as an available API and will not run if forced to do so. The only reason im installing it is for glide support.

Any help would be greatfull...

thx

Does the 3dfx tab show up in the Display Properties? If it is not there, I think the card is not installed right, I usually get that error when I take the card out, and I kept the Voodoo2 drivers program installed under the install/uninstall programs in the Control Panel, I would go there, uninstall all 3dfx related items, then reboot and install the last 3dfx drivers, 1.02's i think.

yes, there is a 3dfx tab under display properties.

But i get that error:/

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=_Glide...a=site%3Dgroups

Try this url. groups.google.com is very useful tech issue's. I got so many results that I didnt bother to look there's probably an answer in there for you if you go through them all.

.... I read through a couple and it may be that you have older traces of a card you used to have on there. If you dont then go through them I only went through a couple.

thanks for the help ill have a look

there are no traces of an older card because its after a fresh win2k install...

ok, quick update:

After reading through 30 or so of those posts i have come to a few conclusions:

1) I've tried all other solutions I've come across, none have worked so far

2) the only remaining solution is that the voodoo2 card is actually dead

3) I don't think my V2 is dead because under display properties it still comes up with that 3dfx logo thingy...

swat0r

1) Have you try redate the drivers?.

Who made your Voodoo2?.

2) Try Uninstal the drivers from the Device Manager shutdown take Voodoo2 out powerup go it to the bios look some like Data Configuration or Force Update ESCD under the PnP,PCI menu in your bios

boot back in Windows then shutdown pop your Voodoo2 back in reset the ESCD.

Oh other thing to swat0r reinstall Win9x OS if it still work under Win9x there a good change you V2 die.

I reccomend install your latest VIA drivers 1st if you have VIA chipset and then I reccomend install the very latest DirectX before anything eles.

If all gose:D if not frown