Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jhipkiss

System Freezing in MDK 9.2

I've recently installed Mandrake 9.2 on my main machine, however every so often everything just freezes and the only way out is to hit the reset button!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to start trouble shooting this?

It doesn't have any recognisable pattern nor is it liked to running any particular software, this problem has no prejudices!!!!

It is however making the machine unuseable, as I can probably only work for 10 or may be 20 minutes before it all locks up!

H E L P!!!!!

Thanks

Jonathan

Quote:
Have you been hearing any strange noises emanating from within your box?

No why?

Everything works fine when I boot under XP BTW.

Quote:
No why?

Because if you did, it could have been related to a temperature problem associated with a faulty fan. Other noises can be indicative of hard drive problems which can, in some instances, cause the problem you mention.

Quote:
Quote:
No why?

Because if you did, it could have been related to a temperature problem associated with a faulty fan. Other noises can be indicative of hard drive problems which can, in some instances, cause the problem you mention.

I don't think it's this. It's a fairly new machine and it's fine under Windows. Also, I can leave it running all night and there's no problem, it's only when I start doing stuff.