Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Netslayer2k1

Remote Desktop Access (Pc Anywhere) Alternatives for WinXP

What other alternatives are there to PC Anywhere for Windows XP, that wont mess anything on the computer up (eg Welcome screen), thx

nothing, i love the built in version its like the best thing out of all these products ever but you need all XP machines, i have a notebook which is runnin 98 (might goto xp), that i want to access the XP machine, so im stuck...

A good program though its not freeware but im sure you can find ways around that, is remotely anywhere www.remotelyanywhere.com is the website. Check it out, i used to use it on 2k before i got XP. Its a very good program puts PC Anywhere to shame in my opinion.

Quote:

A good program though its not freeware but im sure you can find ways around that, is remotely anywhere www.remotelyanywhere.com is the website. Check it out, i used to use it on 2k before i got XP. Its a very good program puts PC Anywhere to shame in my opinion.

i just installed it and it seems like a very nice util. now, all i gotta do is read a 200 page manual to configure it properly.

all right! i have read the manual and configured it. it's a great remote admin app! i asked somebody to test the remote control and they said it's working pretty good with a cable capped at 16k/s upstream.

dameware utilities is also very good, but not free i'm afraid

the intresting thing about this proggy is that unlike pca, vnc, this one needs no host installed.

You can connect remotely to any pc you like from your own without having to install something irst on that pc.

You need to know the proper login details of course, it aint a hacking tool.

There is an alternative solution I recently learned about titled BeInSync, which essentially synchronizes all your data automatically between your PCs. So instead of running PCAnywhere and the likes you don't need to bother. The link is http://www.beinsync.com.