Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Qwest wont credit Code Red victims

The state attorney general has asked Qwest to give refunds to customers who lost high-speed Internet connections as a result of the "Code Red" computer worm attack, but the Denver-based Internet access provider is refusing.

Read more

Darn right it's not Qwest's fault! The businesses themselves are at fault for it, unless Qwest is responsible for transmitting the Code Red virus intentionally--which it appears they did not.

"...The problem is not the modem, the problem is the virus. Qwest is not crediting for the virus."

No duh! Man, I can't believe how many stupid people are out there!

No way! That's brilliant! I will now be asking both the Wisconsin DOT and Illinois DOT for refunds due to all the traffic jams I have been in. I can't believe I never thought of this before. Now, if I could get the state attorney generals on-board with this, it could really work...

Quote:
Steve Larsen, who heads the attorney general's new Cyber consumer resource center, said in a message to Mangus: "It seems reasonable that a customer should not have to pay for service they can't get. If you can't watch your cable TV or your newspaper doesn't show up for days/weeks at a time, I assume you won't pay. I believe that is all your customers ask here regardless of fault."

Yeah right. How many times have you been without cable (TV or Internet) and withheld part of your monthly payment? How many times did the cable company threaten to withdraw your service if you didn't pay the outstanding amount? And how many times have you read the agreement between yourselves and the cable provider?

In most agreements (at least in the UK), you'll find things like "although you are paying for a service, we are not obliged to provide that service, and if it fails, then tough".

I do think the idea of going after the DOTs for traffic jams is a good one though. Maybe you should try and get this Steve Larsen joker involved smile