Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Am I the only 1 who thinks EA are ignorant sluts?

I can't stand EA and their lack luster support for games. Even today they refuse to acknowlege Windows 2000 as an alternative OS. Of all the games out there, EA games suck at running under Windows 2000. Just look at NFS: High Stakes, and for me as well NFS: Porsche Unleashed. Can someone explain to me how NFS: PU can work by deleting 1 file??????????! What the hell kind of programmin is this?!!! Look at other games like the NHL or NBA Live franchises, man they all were too picky to run under Windows 2000. It is always up to us to get them to work. Now I can understand older games not getting Windows 2000 recognition, but what about new games and new OSes? I don't think EA can ignore the upcoming release of Windows XP, but I am sure they will be arrogant to help users get their old games to work on it, earlier builds of XP couldn't run NFS games properly at all. EA will probably support XP but simply because they have to. At least companies like Raven/id/Activision/Epic/GOD have Windows 2000 support and at least upcoming games like Red Faction, while they state no support is given to Windows 2000 [fair enough], but at least they don't FUC$KING patch up the EXE file so that NT is completely left out! EA go to hell!

To anyone who is an EA lover, I had to get this out. I am sorry.

They better get support up for XP, or they be in deep Sh!t.

I've heard that EA is just gonna do console games. Fine, as they seem to not want to support the NT core/users...sounds like Creative.

Thankfully, I like FPS and other violent games.:D

So far, under XP RC2, both NBA Live2001 and NFS: PU work just fine with no tweaks, file deletions etc.

Tyan Tiger 133, 2x700E @ 933 water cooled, Adaptec AAA-131U2 SCSI RAID, 2x18.2 10k SCSI UW2, Hercules Prohpet 4500, SBLive OEM, 256Meg Kingmax TinyBGA, Teac 12x10x32 CDRW, Toshiba 16x DVD.

EM: if what you say is true for everyone, I might just have to switch to XP soon enough because I'm sooo tired of trying to get NFS:PU to work under 2000. This is getting pathetic.

pmistry: I know what you mean man, but their games are so fun smile

i agree with you guys on EAs stance about games. I could understand not supporting it when 2k came out because many people didn't believe that 2k was going to be a popular gaming platform, but now more than a year after its release 2k has become pretty much standard on all gamers machines. Most software companies have realised this and are now support 2k out of the box for newer games and for older games they are releasing patches. EA has done none of this, they have even gone to the point of making games work on XP but still not on 2k, i will never buy an EA sports game in my life or any EA game at all.

.............but a game is only as good as long as it works. I can't get NFS: HS and NFS: PU working under 2K, and that simply sucks. I cannot get my friends PC to work with Live 2001 or NHL 2000, it is simply frustrating and only EA causes this frustration.

deleting the file didn't help to run nfs5 here. I had to reduce the swap file size (i use 256MB now) and nfs work great, better than in win98 (in win98 it was a little choppy on my geforce ddr)

Yep. That's why I stoppped buying EA games. If they don't want to make their games to run on the OS I use then they are not getting my money.

I have done everything to get nba live 2001 to work with windows xp it loads fine but the graphics are slow and choppy! Its the last ea game I buy because they don't plan on even supporting this game at all. people say it works but it doesnt on all computers! I installed all uptated drivers and have more then enough memory and processor speed and a 32meg graphics card in wich the game does support. so ea can keep there games!

krl48!

Quote:
They better get support up for XP, or they be in deep Sh!t.
I've heard that EA is just gonna do console games. Fine, as they seem to not want to support the NT core/users...sounds like Creative.
Thankfully, I like FPS and other violent games.:D

They have Xp support.... any EA game i have tried on ma comp, from madden - nhl 2000 - 2003 all worked fine. Need for speed worked as well.

if ea supports their games for xp why is it everytime i ask for a soulution the only reply i get is to send the game to them and they will send me a sealed game(same one) so I can return it to the store that I bought it from? frown

Quote:
if ea supports their games for xp why is it everytime i ask for a soulution the only reply i get is to send the game to them and they will send me a sealed game(same one) so I can return it to the store that I bought it from? frown

what games have not worked under XP for you?

i know there newer games all work fine under XP, the ones i have tried.

nba live 2001 will not work correctly for me! it supports all my cards and everything they require! the graphics are very slow and choppy nomatter what settings I use!

What is amazing is that this rant of mine lives on a year after smile

Yeah I still think EA are a bunch of ignorant sluts, their new release of NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 works fine under Windows 2000 and XP, which is a good sign, however, the demo is causing problems with my Radeon 8500, I found the problem hopefully it will be fixed in the final release or by ATI issuing a driver.

Yeah those guys at EA are just a bunch of arrogant idiots!! But their games are fun that's the problem... smile

those guys ARE FUCKED UP!!!

i use win2k pro WITHOUT internet explorer (satan' soft wink ).

now try to get nhl 2003 to work, it's IMPOSSIBLE!!!

that''s the last game i got from EA!

they can play this sort of "game" alone....

they're slaves...., of M$....

AS long as were bashing game Publishers...EIDOS SUCKS!

Anyone one IGI? They refuse to fix the cursor problem with nvidia cards. I emailed them about it and suggested i revert all the way back to 12.41 but then noted i couldn't since GF4 have no support in that version. This game has been out for quite some time.

Then there's Hitman 2 which will only work with certain Dets...FF7 being one of the games hardest to run on a pc flawlessly...add to that the fact that they back shitty games (daikatana) and let one of the greatest game developers die (Looking Glass anyone?)....I've seriously had it with Eidos...and EA too...used to have all the NFS games up until PU but when I upgraded to an NT based OS, all those games went down the crapper...

What planet do these simpletons live in? People have been gaming on Win2k since the thing came out, yet they still fail to support xp or 2k even now?

No more Eidos or EA titles are getting my green...

Since we are EA bashing... smile

I asked for NHL2002 for xmas last year. Being that I've always liked the NHL9x/200x games in the past, I wanted 2002. So, I get it, install it, play it. Hurrah! Then, I applied the patches and the game decides to start crashing explorer every time I start it. So, I uninstall, reinstall, same thing. I tried contacted EA's tech "support" and they don't even reply to me. So, I let it go...

that was under Win2k. I have since gotten WinXP Pro and decided to try the game again. SAME damn problem. I try to contact tech support again and no reply.

What a bunch of worthless bastards.

Yeah, I really resent Eidos for letting Looking Glass die. I can kiss System Shock 3 goodbye frown As for EA: I've had a couple of problems of my own with KKND waaay back. I had an ATI mach64 video card which was really screwy with VESA and even though I requested, EA didn't give me any support whatsoever. In the end even the store clerk gave up and let me trade KKND for Red Alert published by Virgin Entertainment (ironic enough, the C&C franchise is now the property of EA :x )