Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patch

WinXP and GameVoice

I posted this message over at www.houseofhelp.com as well.

I am currently running WinXP RC3. At home I am behind a Linksys router which I have forwarded port 9110 out to my computers ip address. My problem is: I am trying to run Gamevoice Share 1.5. Whenever I try to connect to the Game voice server it disconnects me. I have tried putting my computer in the DMZ as well and that doesn't make a difference. When I dual boot over to Win2k I can connect to the server just fine. Any ideas. I have doublechecked that the firewall setting is not turned on under advanced in networking. Is this just an issue with WinXP? Or is it my configuration?

I remember installing the DX Play 8.1 beta patch in Win2k. I know that WinXP is supposed to have 8.1 already? Is that true in the case of DXPlay 8.1?

You mean RC2 right? MS hasn't released, nor have I heard that they will release RC3.;)

Could be that things still need to be smoothed out for XP drivers, which are still in beta at this point. I'd play around with some settings, but I can't rightly say what's up at this point.

Oops Yeah RC2. I am thinking of RC3 from Win2K and the fact that this is the third time I have installed it, Beta 3, RC1, and RC2. But anyways I still can't get it to work. I haven't found any settigns in XP that should be stopping it from working.