Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Windows 2000 MCSE: Time to Upgrade?

Source Magazine has posted an article "Windows 2000 MCSE: Time to Upgrade?"

An interesting thing is happening on the way to Windows 2000 Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) recertification: we are running out of time. If you’ve been on an extended summer vacation and haven’t heard, all existing Windows NT 4.0 MCSEs must be recertified on Windows 2000 by December 31, 2001 (a mere five months away and counting). This month I write about the conflicting data regarding the Windows 2000 MCSE program. Granted, I probably bring up more questions than I answer, but such is the current state of the MCSE designation.

Read more

Guess MS needs it Christmas bonus money again. At least this time, instead of a slew of paper tigers, it is based more on experience than "Internet found" answers.

But then again, the Microsquash beancounters are doing their blackmail - must have at least 2 MCSE's on site, or you loose your "GOLD" status. Too bad. It would be worth it IF they made a product that worked more than it crashes. Guess that is the trick - make it just good enough that the world will want it. Make it a monopoly so that the world will HAVE to have it as it will be the only one with all the add-on products. And make it shoddy enough that they all have to keep spending to upgrade it to the newest bloatware.

Sorry, but I have been around enough of these paper tigers. Some make the systems that I keep having to repair frown