Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Draftsman

Internet Explorer 6 beta question...

I don't like using beta 6 because for one I can't do my online banking (doesn't allow betas) also, no java support.

I have a presentation to show some misc architectural panoramas that REQUIRE plugins that won't run on Beta 6, so here's the gist of my q:

Can I remove IE 6 beta, so that I might install an eirlier build of IE? (Netscape also does not work with these aplets that I need to run)

What about other browsers? I'm open to suggestions....

Thanks board....

just go to control panel - add remove software - internet explorer 6 and remove it.

That will restore your previous version of IE (5.5 or whatever you were running before)

It is not listed under ADD/REMOVE. And I can't install a previous IE. I can't get java to work, that's the ONLY thing that bugs me about it.

I even downloaded the java runtime blah 1.3. No joy still.

Any Ideas?

I dont think IE 6 can be removed in XP as its built into the OS. I dont see any prob in installing another browser, not necessarily netscape. Opera maybe?

(pls excuse the spelling)

when i went to a site that had java it prompted me to install the java virtual machine, i clicked download and 5mgs later it worked fine.

Ya, I can't do on-line banking either. I also don't think IE 6.0 can be removed just like M4Carbine said. It is built into the OS. frown I will try downloading Java virtual machine.

If anyone gets java to work, please post a download link for whatever it is I need to get it working, cuz I don't know sheot about it.

Thanks

try going to a site with a lot of java, it will then prompt you to install it (unless you have previously disabled that), try the settings in internet tools, um it just downloaded it from there so i dont know the link, try windows update, or if you can find a site with java you know doesnt work, then just try to see if it will let you install it somehow (getting confusing sorry lol)...heres my old website i never finished that used lots of java, its where i got my prompt to install Java VM, http://members.home.com/chrisgermano

Well, I went there, but all I get is this message:

"Sorry, your browser doesn't support Java."

I can't find anything in settings to enable it in IE. Also, I tried clicking various things on that website to 'let me' download it.

No joy frown

Hmmm....