Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oscarlevin

Flash Install help

I am trying to intall the Flash player. I follow the readme's instructions, but get stuck when the install program asks me to "Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape, or Opera browser (i.e. /usr/lib/mozilla): #". I enter "/usr/lib/mozilla" and it returns "WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path" and prompts me again. What should I enter? (I am running a freshly installed Mandrake 9.2). Thanks

OL

Probably you need to use the path /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4

That is the actually path with the correct /plugins directory in which extensions will need to be placed. Hope this helps.[/b]

Ditto what maurice71 said. Go into /usr/lib and find out the version you have. Mine is mozilla-1.4.1. Flash will not install to the plain mozilla folder.

HELP >> I've downloaded Flash player from Macomedia.com but now haven't a clue what to do next....

The file "install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz" was downloaded into the tmp folder of my login folder under home.

If I double click on this it opens to a folder called "install_flash_player_6_linux" >> If I double click on this, it present me with 3 files...

flashplayer_installer

flashplayer_xpt

libflashplayer_so

I've tried clicking on these but I just get asked what to open with...?

Where am I going wrong....?

Panic over.....

After reading another thread in this forum, i have descovered how to install the flashplayer..... (should of looked a bit better first... ;( )

It appears that flashplayer has installed ok, I am currently rebooting my laptop as I am typing (from a different system)...

Nah, no good...

After rebooting, I tried launching Mozilla but the little hour glass turns around about 20 times then Mozilla closes.....

What have I done....? frown

What distro are you using and what version of Mozilla? That will determine how it must be installed.

I'm running Mandrake 9.2 with Mozilla 4.1

hope this helps...