Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Radeon 8500, ATi flexes some muscle

Hardware Analysis has posted a review on the Radeon 8500

ATi has finally released samples of their new Radeon product line to the press. We were able to get up-close-and-personal with a Radeon 8500 for a couple of hours. Here´s how it performs in comparison to Nvidia´s products.

Read more

Looks very good. The only catch here is that ATI hasn't had the most impressive drivers IMHO. Hopefully, they will have it down real quick, because they will need it to compete with the GF3.

I hope it does succeed, as competition is always a good thing.

nice product.

I also hope the drivers are up to par, and after reading the article it seems they will definatly try.

I have a radeon 64 meg now....and Im glad i didnt get an nvidia card. Nvidia products are sweet...and I have had nothing but greatness with my old tnt2U...but I like the ati's display a bit better, to my eyes it seems alot smoother.

yea, they need to flex some drivers, not muscle, who cares about a good card if it doesn't have good driver support, you buy the card and a year later some crappy drivers come out that barely work....reminds me of Creative Labs for some reason.

Yeah, the Radeon didn't impress me too much under Win2k. Too expensive for the performance I got from it, and the whole driver thing was a killer.

The price war between Intel and AMD was a good thing for consumers, and one between ATI and Nvidia can't hurt anything--if it happens.