Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Seducer

Internet Sharing in Win2K Server problem!!!

Hi guys!,

I just want to know what happen to my internet sharing in win2k. Actually, in our office we have 2 servers, 1 using NT4 and 1 win2K server. The NT4 was connected to our ISP using a wireless internet connections and the win2K is not. I have 2 options to make my Win2K server be onlined to the net, either i have to dial using a 56K modem to my ISP or im goin to dial to our NT4 (RAS from 3Com) using a local connection. We used before dialling to my ISP, BTW workstations connected in WIN2K have a static IP of 192.168.0.1 for win2k server and from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.5 are for workstations. When I try to connect to our NT4, the connection was flawless have no problem except we have to configure our workstation to use proxy address of NT4 since it was using a MSproxy.

when we try to dial again to my ISP, it works..connection have been made but our workstations will not be able surf if im goin to remove the PROXY address of my NT4. If im goin to put the address we will be able to surf but not all services we get like chatting, MIRC since our NT4 proxy will not allow any other than surfing and e-mail cheking.

My question is that why should I put the PROXY address of our NT4 Server in our workstations since we are not konekted to. any idea guys?????

Our Setup:

NT4 Server - 40 workstations

- have a 1500 model RAS from 3COM

capable of accepting 8 dialup users

Win2K Server (R&D Division) - 5 workstations

- not wired to NT4

- about 7 KM. away from NT4

Quote:
have a static IP of 192.168.0.1 for win2k server and from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.5 are for workstations. When I try to connect to our NT4, the connection was flawless have no problem except we have

Sorry, can't help you with your problem. By the way, it is not a good idea to post an actual IP address for public viewing. If you need to give an example of an IP address, you can always say something like 123.45.6.78 or something like that. This is because if some malicious hacker grabs a hold of your IP he/she can cause severe damage if they are smart enough and well equipped for it. This is just a little peice of advice. Take it or leave it.

Good luck with your problem. Sorry I can't help.

LOL.

That is an internal IP adress shassouneh...m8. He can post it as much as he likes. there is not a damn thing you can do about it. even if you have the actual ip so what?

To your problem seducer,

Is there no physical link in your network between NT4 and NT5 (AKA w2000) If there is why are you going through all this trouble just define the default gateway for net connection to be your nt4 server or whatever is online.

Oh and if you wanna enable more services over nt4, try enabling ports through the tcp/IP. or depending on your config whoever set up the nt4 did not wanted mirc etc. to be used and let everything go through the proxy. or maybe did not know about gateway's etc. (it happens)

PS. I apologize for shassouneh. It happens.