Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Sun demands Java for Windows XP

Sun Microsystems has turned up the volume in its long-running battle with Microsoft over Java.

In full-page ads in The New York Times, San Jose Mercury News and The Wall Street Journal on Thursday, Sun called on consumers "to demand that Microsoft include the Java platform in their XP operating system." Sun also said consumers should demand "PC vendors like Dell, Compaq, Gateway, IBM and HP (Hewlett-Packard) include the Java platform in their applications."

Read more

I love this quote:

Quote:

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has called Sun "pretty much almost about as pure as you can get as a competitor" to Microsoft.

Can he fit an more modifiers into that sentence?

-bZj

Sun is lame. Java isn't "platform independent", it IS a platform unto itself. They need to get over it. MS can twist the rules just like Sun can. And here's the kicker; the average person that buys a PC doesn't even know what Java is anyway, and isn't going to care.

If I don't need it, "I don't give a damn."

I don't pay much attention to Java, but it seems everytime I get some patch regarding Java, it's always about protecting me from some nasty hacking hole in the system.

Life sux.

the only thing related to Java in any way that i use is MS Java VM, which isn't on windows xp...grrr, have to install it cause my gf likes to play java based crossword puzzles.

I thought everyone including SUN was upset at microsoft for trying bundle everything in it's OS. Now the MS has said OK we won't bundle things, now SUN is upset. I don't get. Isn't the JRE a free download off the SUN site....