Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simjen

SBLive causing problems

I installed XP RC2, and it ran fine....for a while.

I added my Skymedia internet card and it would lock up when loading as it starts to play the sound. Take the SBLive out and it runs fine and vice versa.

So I tried to load the latest SBLive drivers from Creative and it just locks and BSOD when trying. So thinking it was a conflict with IRQ's etc, I tried disabling ACPI which seemed to work fine, but now it gets BSOD in games, and I can't get rid of them mad It is definately a SBLive problem as it tell you the driver files when it BSOD's. But up[censored] the drivers doesn't work?

I am now going to do a reinstall and was hoping some of you guys had a method of installing (slots? irq reserving? etc) which may help me out...

System Specs:

AMD 1gig @ 1.4gig (140x10)

Iwill KK266R

512mb PC150 Infenion

Leadtek GeForce 2 Ultra @ 275/500

Seagate 20gb ATA100 on std IDE not Raid

SBLive! Value

Telemann Skymedia Satellite Card

Dlink 10/100 Nic

Win XP RC2

Cheers

SimJen

SOmebody (can't remember who, sorry) on here said to snag the SBLive 2k 5.1 driver upgrade on Creative's page, remove the SBLive WDM and Gameport drivers, run the 5.1 install from a Dos box with a /w and when the install asks about something incompatible you stop the install, the install keeps going and after a couple of reboots XP works with Liveware and EAX on all speakers...

I tried doing that with my fresh install of RC2 here. When I run the 5.1 install from the Dos box I get a window saying that this program is not compatible with XP.

Is that just a fancy warning or does the Win2k 5.1 drivers no longer work? frown