Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
appzattak

PPoPE

any one using rc1 with a PPoPE client software...I use winpoet to access my earthlink DSL and it does not seem to work with xp...when it goes to load it say's I must have a least one ethernet adapter attached to my pc....which I do and it has no problems.....for some reason it thinks it's not there....if I remember right xp has built in PPoPE support...maybe it is taking over my ethernet card and that is why winpoet thinks it's not there...anyone eXPerience this....or have any ideas of what I can do...

sh*t use this too so if some one has this problem solved please hook it up?

Well I call verizon, (my ISP) all they told me that Im basically f*cked till a version comes out for it. Does anyone know if a router will autmatically set my **** up for pppoe?

nokia

appzattak:

The build-in PPPoE works for me

NOKIA:

most of the routers support PPPoE, it dialups to the ISP for you on-demand and disconnect when idle, so os compatiblity is not an issue

That's funny. XP automatically installed its own PPoE stuff as soon as I installed the OS. And it works great, seems faster. Ameritech DSL.

I use Sympatico DSL.

Similar to yours, the bums force you to use their installation CD that has their dial up/connection program. They call it Access manager.

Same thing, it simply didn't recognize my Net card. I callet Tech sup, they said it works w. Win 2000, but obviously not Xp.

So I asked them If i can install it manually. They told me it was impossible, didn't know how, and didn't know the #'s to give me to do it.

This is how to using Win XP built in;

1) Uninstall the crap you installed.

2) Make sure its gone! Probobly not.

3) Reinstall you Net Card

5) Reboot

6) Start/Connect to/Show all places

7) on side pannel, Make new connection

8) Follow the Wizard.

Tips,

Do not worry, u don't need #'s & info for this. Just select, Automativcally detect settings. It will find all ISP settings by itself.

Also, click the LAN button, don't forget LAN means DSL/CABLE among other things. Before you get to do that, in the wizard, you can select DSL settup.

Its all very easy.

Good Luck.cool

Oh ya, you will set up your e-mail later, throught outlook express. At that time File/new account, or something similar. U will need your DSN #'s login & pass for this. But u don't need any info such as this to set up your DSL internet connection.

Also, do not play with the firewall until you get int working. Do not install Zone Alarm yet. If u did get rid of it. Install it later. The wizard actually will give you a crappy firewall automatically anyway. I think its only a one way wall though.

Hey guys, I've run into the same problem with the Winpoet and Mindspring DSL Software. But WinXP gives you a way around that.

Load up internet explorer, got to tools then options and click on the connections Tab. Set up a new connection as "Broadband Connection" while you are on the screen to set that up, at the bottom there will be a place for you to type in a Username, Pass and domain. Put your Mindspring/Earthlink info there and you should be able to dial up with no problems.

Rien