Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Windows XP RC1 Preview Program UK

Windows XP Preview Program customers in the UK have received today their RC1 package. Thanks Neil.

I'd be extremely annoyed if I'd signed up for this, because they're already beyond RC2 everywhere else in the world. Word is that the RTM version's only days away. frown

I did sign up for it!

I am not sure if we get RC2/RTM versions they did mention it once but so far nothing has been said, other than some documents will be posted out in August about XP.

Spoke to MS last night, and apparently they had shipped the UK copies of RC1 to registered testers, and they plan to then ship the RTM version and skip RC2 completely.

As far as I can see, it is a complete scam: UK testers pay £20 for a copy of RC1 over a month after it first became available, and then the RTM copy, while the rest of the world pays less, and gets all the versions.

If I hadn't been chasing them up, MS wouldn't have told me what was happenning, so I dunno how many people are out there sitting wondering if their copy has been lost in the post.

To be honest with you guys, RC2 doesn't offer much over RC1.

As a beta tester I was sent the RC1 CD ages ago and was able to download RC2 a week or so ago.

In the e-mail from the Beta team at Microsoft they themselves said don't worry if your stuck on a 56k modem, continue to test RC1 as the changes are minimal.

I went home at dinnertime, and half expected to find an M$ cd on the floor.

Glad I was only half expecting it ;(

I s'pose there is always tomorrow !