Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fortress5

3DFX And.... (help please)

3DFX and Remote Installation service. Ive got this problem. I cant start a remote installation of win2k if use a Voodoo 3. I have try with other card like TNT and ATi and no problem. Also, it work well with a PCI video card. Well, My question is, some of you tried the Remote installation serviece with 3dfx card ???????

what do mean remaote installation service

Are saying you trying install the drivers over network ??

(First, sorry for my bad english, im french)

I mean, i have a Win2000 server installed and want to use the Remote Installation Service for automating the installation of win2k workstation (well, its in the lab for testing). If i use it with a voodoo 3, the system hang in the Dos part of the Installation, (i think its the Mini-setup). I dont have this problem if i use a TNT, ATI or a PCI video Card on the same workstation. i was thinking its a 3dfx problem but im not sure. I can install win2k normally with my 3dfx if i use the CD. its why im asking if someone tried the remote installation with a Voodoo product.

I understand what you are asking, but I have not tried that either. It may just be a driver issue. Have you tried a couple of version levels? There may be a limitation in the ones that you are using.

thx for reading me, really appreciate.

Very Bizzare. You think its a Driver Issue??? its not generic driver for the DOS part of the installation?? But i have installed win2k using unattended.txt setup answer file and this problem never happened. this answer file use the same command line than the Remote Installation answer file. The major difference between these two methods its that you can boot using your network card for starting automatically the installation. My last test will be to try my Voodoo on another computer that use different hardware and see if this problem happen again. Stay Tune!!