Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Casanova

My IBM mouse wont use easy scroll in win2k

u know the little button in the middle of the mouse that let su scroll up and down with out moving the mouse, well it worked fine with win98 and me but in 2k it aint working frown is there anything i can do? maybe get drivers but i dont know from where frown so any help would be great smile thanks

First Export Registry to make a back up.

Search for EnableWheelDetection or WheelDetectionTimeout in Registry. You should find a key similar to this one:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\*PNP0F03\1_0_21_0_31_0\Device Parameters]

Edit "EnableWheelDetection" to decimal 2 (0 = no wheel 1 = detect wheel 2 = enable wheel) and restart. Edit "WheelDetectionTimeout" to decimal 1500 or more.

Edit HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WheelScrollLines to decimal 0 to 98 for line scroll and to 99 for page scroll.

ok i found the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\

Root\*PNP0F03\1_0_21_0_31_0\Device Parameters]

but i couldnt find the 2 wheel options is there a easier way to explain? im lost sorry frown

Once in the right key, right click panel on the right side, choose New Dword value and type in those parameters.

When they appear in the right panel, double click them, choose decimal and enter desired numerical value.

There is no certainty that the Wheel tab or the Scroll one in Togglemouse software will grant control of the mouse wheel, but it is worth a try.

Otherwise, use the New Hardware icon in Control Panel and find if any other compatible mouse driver would allow the control of the wheel.

depending on the mouse you can try looking for drivers on IBMs Support homepage @ www.pc.ibm.com/support

It IS possible to get that scroll button working (mine works fine here since I installed the drivers from that site)