Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nightwolf09

Windows XP not detecting ACPI compliant system

I was just wandering if anyone else ever experienced or heard of this problem. For some reason when doing a fresh installation of win xp it does not detect that my system is acpi compliant. I have to hit F5 during the start of the installation to tell it my computer is an acpi pc. win 2000 detects it just fine. I have an Asus P2B-F w/ P3 450. Any info. would be appreciated.

Hmm, Windows 2000 did the same when I freshly installed it on my new system. I did not touch any of the BIOS settings and when it finished installing I had no power options whatsoever, not even APM!

After I installed my video card drivers though (which were the first item to be installed), the whole lot appeared - Hibernate, APM, soft button etc. And they all work too.

Maybe it's linked to the video drivers?

R

If you are sure its ACPI Compliant then go into device manager and find the computer type, your current setup should say Standard PC, now select it and click update driver, go the advanced route to select a new driver from existing sets. Select ACPI Compliant PC or something to that sort, not the ones with extra details after it. Once you're done reboot, it will redetect all your devices again so have drivers ready on FLOPPY as your ide CD-Rom may not be detected yet. Thats it and all should be well. This process can go vice-versa too if you want to disable ACPI.

Good Luck

PrinceAli0