Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrobins3

Packages on CD2 never installed in Mandrake 9.2

I've done the 9.2 install several times now with the same result:

when searching for available packages, the install never stopped to show me the choices of packages. I was never prompted to insert CD2.

So all I have on there now is KDE.

How do I get the other packages on there?

I put the CD and look at it in Konquerer and see the RPMs in there, but what the heck do I do to install them.

HELP!!!!!!!

margaret

Well, depending on how mandrake installs i know that fedora has a menu where you pick like personal comp, server, yada yada....at the buttom is custom or somethign to that extent...pick that choice, it will allow you to choose the packages.

Daum

Quote:
So all I have on there now is KDE

So, you have the basic working system?

The install went ok, as matttah said, what is installed depends what you told Mandrake to install at the main package screen. He is correct, you could have chose to pick individual packages (button at the bottom), but I guess the question is what specific packages are looking to install?

Mandrake does not install all the packages by default. This is because many of them are not used by every user. Depending on the type of system that you chose at the main system selection screen, would depend if cd #2 or 3 would be needed.

Now that you have the system up, you can install whatever packages that you need.

Let us know what you are looking to add.

MrRobins3, everytime I installed Mandrake 9, I installed the workstation, development tools, games and Internet Server, and then it asked me for the second and the third CD!

By the way, most of important things are on the first CD, there is a menu showing what rpm's are on the second and on the third cd.

If you are curious, just mount the second CD and look what is under the rpm directory, and you will probably see nething is interesting for you, that's why the standard installation didn't ask you to insert these CD's.

Quote:
MrRobins3, everytime I installed Mandrake 9, I installed the workstation, development tools, games and Internet Server, and then it asked me for the second and the third CD!
By the way, most of important things are on the first CD, there is a menu showing what rpm's are on the second and on the third cd.
If you are curious, just mount the second CD and look what is under the rpm directory, and you will probably see nething is interesting for you, that's why the standard installation didn't ask you to insert these CD's.

And if you like them, you can go to a terminal window and type rpm package name and they will be installed. Look up rpm in your man pages or on The Linux Documentation Project website first, to figure out how to use it. (I used it on Mandrake 9.0, but I haven't for a long time!) 8)