Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrestine

W2k Event View WARNING/ERROR Msg's?

Checking the Application section of Event Viewer, I notice a WARNING message as follows:

"WMI ADAP was unable to process the PerfDisk performance library due to a time violation in the open function."

And, the System section displays the following WARNING and ERROR messages:

WARNING Message: "Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 00C0F06D49C9. The IP address being used is ___.___.___.___ ." (I'm leaving the exact IP address blank for privacy reasons...)

and a few seconds later:

ERROR Message: "The IP address lease ___.___.___.___ for the Network Card with network address 444553547777 has been denied by the DHCP server 1.1.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message)." (again, the actual IP address is left blank for privacy...)

These messages occur at every boot-up. The Warning and Error IP's are different from each other. The two different IP's listed are the same at every boot-up though. Any thoughts on what these mean? I'm expiencing excessively long boot-up times and very slow hand-shake times for my DSL connection. Once the overyly long hand-shake is completed, the DSL works great. My DSL uses an NIC vice USB. Thanx in advance.

Mike

Hmmmmm, Sounds like NT boots up and looks for a network to connect to but is unable to initialize your NIC. When unable to find an address it specifies a private range at 169.x.x.x . Look for updated USB drivers for your mobo and also look into hardcoding your IP's as much as possible.