Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sweevo

Geforce2 GTS S-Video Out Problem

Hi

I have a Geforce2 GTS made by a little know company called Mentor (you can see the card at this link - http://online.staktrading.com/cgi-bin/stakshop/37017775?cf7inIbL;;288)

The card supports S-Video out.

When I first installed the card under Windows 2000 Pro(SP2) the card performed perfectly and the Nvidia control panel app told me that the card had a Brooktree encoder onboard.

I don't know what has changed, but the encoder line has disappeared from the Nvidia Control Panel app and I can't select my TV from the device selection list.

I'm using the 12.41WHQL NVidia reference drivers, although I've tried the original drivers that came on the installation CD and I've also tried various beta drivers (6.whatever and 14.whatever)

I've tried removing the card (both physically and within windows), cleaning out the Nvidia files and what registry entries I could find and then doing a reinstall, but nothing I do seems to bring back the encoder. I haven't messed with the BIOS, it's still the original.

I've tried using the Nvidia cleaning programs that are floating around on the net, but most aren't written for windows 2k.

I can't remember what I did in between the encoder being there and not being there.

I've also read www.geforcefaq.com cover to cover and can't find anything in there to help.

Can anyone offer any help short of rebuilding my machine (which is obviously my last resort)

Thanks

Sweevo